Black and white photo image of Mercy Hospital, which opened July 15, 1921 in the Baron family homestead which was enlarged and remodeled to accommodate twenty-seven beds. John Baron had deeded the property on Kinney's Lane for the location of a hospital. In January 1923 construction of the new five story 50 bed hospital was begun. After additions and expansions in the 50's and 60's, the building was razed in 2001.
Colorized photo image of the Washington Hotel, Portsmouth, Ohio. The Washington was built in 1901 and was located at the corner of Second (2nd) and Market Streets. In 1979, it became part of the Riverview Retirement Center along with the Biggs House.
Colorized image of flowers accompanied by black and white photo image of the Grand Opera House at the corner of Chillicothe and Fourth (4th) Streets. It was built in 1895 and damaged by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt and known for many years as the Kresge Store.
Black and white photo image of the Mineral Springs Hotel in Adams County, Ohio. The building was built in the late 1800's on the Rome-Mineral Springs Pike and originally had three stories with sixty rooms. It was owned by E. J. who resided in Columbus at the time. In 1924, a fire destroyed the building, but it was reopened in June of 1925. .
Black and white photo image of Mineral Springs Hotel, Adams County, Ohio. Black and white photo image the. Mineral Springs Hotel in Adams County, Ohio. The building was built in the late 1800's on the Rome-Mineral Springs Pike and originally had three stories with sixty rooms. It was owned by E. J. who resided in Columbus at the time. In 1924, a fire destroyed the building, but it was reopened in June of 1925.
Black and white photograph image of Adams County, O. Mineral Springs Hotel. The building was built in the late 1800's on the Rome-Mineral Springs Pike and originally had three stories with sixty rooms. It was owned by E. J. who resided in Columbus at the time. In 1924, a fire destroyed the building, but it was reopened in June of 1925.
Creator