Card advertisement for Barr & Minnery. Black & white; some wear. Barr & Minnery was owned by Charles Barr and George Minnery. The saloon was opened by Barr in the 1880's, it closed in 1918. Folk tale on back.
Burgundy in color with embossed image of the bank building and bank name. Ten total pages for documenting with only writing on two pages. Account-Armond Russ
colorized photo image of the covered bridge, erected in 1874, and also known as "Brush Creek Covered Bridge." It was used until it was bypassed in 1963. The bridge is listed on the National Registry of Historical Structures.
Colorized image of the train depot with horses, buggies, people. The Southern Express Company, agent Harry Rodgers, 534 Second (2nd) Street, is listed in the 1914 Portsmouth City Directory.
Colorized image of the steel mill in New Boston, surrounding homes along the Ohio River. In 1909 the Whitaker Iron Works, the Laughlin Nail Works and the Portsmouth Steel Company combined to form the Whitaker-Glessner Company. In 1920 Wheeling Steel, La Belle Iron and Whitaker-Glessner became Wheeling Steel Corporation until 1946. (Frank H. Rowe-History of the Iron and Steel Industry in Scioto County, Ohio)