Black and white photo of an immense icicle formed from a water leak at the Misfit Bridge in Ironton, Ohio. The back side is an invitation to the First Annual Apple Show and HomeComing all week September 14th, 1914.
Black and white photo of the old stone Post Office and somewhat behind it, the Sixth Street M.E. Church surrounded in flood water. The post office was built in 1891 at the corner of Gallia and Chillicothe Streets, expanded in 1914, and closed in 1936 when the new post office was opened. The stone post office was razed in 1956 for the construction of a five story Montgomery-Ward Department Store.
Black and white photo image of the Ohio Valley Interurban Station. The Ohio Valley Traction Railway ran 30 miles from Portsmouth to Ironton, passing through Sciotoville, Wheelersburg, and Hanging Rock.
Sepia toned photo image of the Sixth Street Methodist Church building after 1910, when pool and billiards are listed at the location in the City directory. The Elk Lodge # 154 moved here from Second (2nd) Street in about 1916. This building, which had been a Methodist church at the corner of Sixth (6th) and Chillicothe Streets, was razed for the construction of the Portsmouth's third Masonic Temple building in 1928.