Colorized photo image of the second Court House in Scioto County. Built in 1836 at Court and Sixth (6th) Streets, it was razed in June 1927 after dedication of the new Court House.
Colorized image of the Jewish Temple of K.K.B.A., located at the southwest corner of Third (3rd) and Washington Streets. "Kahlo Kodosh Bene Avehom" translates to "The Holy Congregation of the Children of Abraham." The group was incorporated in 1858. This building was used as the Masonic Temple before the Masonic building at Chillicothe and Fourth (4th) was built in 1906.
Colorized image of the Hotel St. Louis, which was originally built as a Welsh church located at 734 Third (3rd) Street. By 1906, the building had been converted into a hotel with 25 rooms.
Colorized photo image taken from the air showing the stadium and baseball field in Riverside Park. The stadium opened in about 1930 at Labold Athletic Field.
Color photo of the Portsmouth Post Office on Gay Street between Sixth (6th) and Seventh (7th) Streets, opened in September 1936. Selby Shoe factory on Findlay Street shows at the right.
Colorized photo image of the third Scioto County Court House. The first was built in 1817 on Market Street, the second in 1836 at Sixth (6th) and Court Streets, and this, the third was built in the 1920's.
Black and white photo image of the German Day Parade October 12, 1913. Mayor Creed Milstead accepted the Germania Maennerchor's invitation to deliver the address at Droege's grove on the afternoon of German Day.--from the Portsmouth Times, September 26, 1903.
Black and white photo of the annual Decoration Day Parade moving up the unpaved Offnere Street Hill toward Greenlawn Cemetery. Decoration Day is now known as Memorial Day.
Colorized photo image of the residence on the right and the hospital on the left. Both were on Eighth (8th) Street near Chillicothe Street. Dr. Schirmann built the hospital in 1920. It was renamed Smith-Everett Hospital by Dr. Charles Smith and Dr. Clyde Everett in 1946. It was expanded as Southern Hills Hospital from 1962 until it closed in 1987. In 1988 it opened at a residential home for seniors named Hempstead Manor.
Black and white photo of the Schirrmann Hospital built at 729 Eighth (8th) Street in 1929 by Dr. Harry A. Schirrmann. It closed in the early 1940's, but was reopened in 1946 as the Smith-Everett Hospital by Dr. Charles Smith and Dr. Clyde Everett. In 1962 it was renamed Southern Hills Hospital, but closed in 1987. One year later it became Hempstead Manor, a residential home for seniors.