Colorized photo image of Raven Rock near Portsmouth. There is an old story that claims that Daniel Boone jumped from Raven Rock to escape a band of Indians pursuing him.
Tinted image of the bridge looking north at Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth. The toll booth is visible at the center. Since March of 1974 the bridge has been toll-free. Also known as the Portsmouth-Fullerton Bridge, it was opened in 1927 and closed in 2001 for demolition and replacement.
Black and white image of Second (2nd) Street School built in 1850 on the southwest corner of Second and Chillicothe Streets. It was razed in 1917 and replaced by the new Henry Massie School.
Color image of Central Presbyterian - Front and Side View. DeVoss and Donaldson. Established as German Presbyterian Church of Portsmouth in 1866, services were conducted in German until 1909. The first service in this building at Twenty-Third (23rd) and Waller Streets was April 2, 1927. The church closed in January of 2012.