black and white photo image of the Scioto River near Sedan, Ohio (Valley Township). Photo is bordered by Oriental illustrations and a poem is beneath photo. Correspondence is between sisters Clara McCoy (Bargar) and Nora McCoy (Dewey).
black and white photo image of Scioto County (possibly Nile Township). Card is bordered by color Egyptian illustrations and a poem is beneath photo. Correspondence between sisters Clara McCoy (Bargar) and Nora McCoy (Dewey).
A bulletin from Temple Baptist Church, dated for June 26, 1938. The pastor was H.O. Nan Gilder. On the inside of the bulletin, there is various announcements regarding the happens within the church and community such as; The Loyal Philathea Class, The Berean Bible Class, Echo Meeting, Boy Scouts, ect.
Built in 1850 All Saints Episcopal Church was the first public building in Portsmouth to be lighted with gaslights in 1855. The interior was damaged by fire in 1893.
The building was built in 1900. Throughout the early 1900's the building was used for various commercial businesses. From 1941 to 1964, it was the Ohio State Liquor Store. After that, the building endured a few years of being vacant and some more commercial businesses. As of 1993, it has been vacant,
Digital image.
Estimated construction about 1900. John F. Flannigan Family resided into the 1920s. John F. Flannigan was a well known businessman in the Market Street district. His business dealings included transfer of coal, sand and gravel, household goods and pianos as a specialty.
John F. Flannigan b. March 16 1848, Mt. Savage, MD
d. January 27, 1918, Portsmouth, Ohio. Buried in Greenlawn Cemetery.
Married: Sarah A. Murphy, October 9, 1884 in Scioto County, Ohio. They had seven children.
Mrs. Flannigan remained in the house until 1924 then moved to 1117 Twenty-Second (22nd) Street. She died October 12, 1931. The house has had many residents and owners since 1924.
From 1926 to 1966, the building housed G. W. Ahrend Men's Clothing. In 1974, it became Newberry Sporting Goods. From 1987 to 1993, the building was H & R Block. From 1994 to 2013, it was Allegro Music. Today, the building is vacant.
Colorized photo image of St. Mary's Church. Location-500 Market Street. The church building was completed and dedicated, July 31, 1871. Well known for the matched set of three working tower bells. The bells were cast in Baltimore, Maryland by the McShane Company in 1895.